Safe traffic starts with you.That is why it is our pleasure to provide you with some tips and recommendations on a regular basis, to contribute to the enhancement of traffic safety.
- Think about the route you are going to take, prior to taking it. Do not choose the shortest route, but the safest;
- Avoid difficult times to drive, such as rush hour. Take sufficient time in consideration for your drive;
- Adjust your mirrors well and ensure that you always check your blind angle when making a turn. There is always a chance that there is a bike-rider or a motor-cyclist next to you;
- Have your vehicle checked regularly. Ensure your car is certified and is serviced on a regular basis;
- Do not drink and drive and do not consume alcohol when you are on medication;
- Ensure that other people in traffic can see you. Use reflecting material when you are on a bike or walking.
- Assume that mistakes of other drivers are not personal or made just to spite you;
- Take sufficient time for your drive;
- Put on relaxing music;
- Try looking at the situation from the point of view of the other driver;
- Remember that the road is there for everyone’s use;
- Ensure you are seated comfortably;
- There is no way for you to control the traffic, you can only control your self;
- And finally, if something does happen, ask your self these three questions:
- Is this situation really that important?
- Is my reaction in proportion to the situation?
- Is there anything I can do about this situation?